Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, February 16, 2009

Armstrong's Regen (and lots more)

There it is. Howard Armstrong's regenerative receiver. Mike, KC7IT, led me to the wonderful website that has this picture, and much more. The site has all kinds of schematics and pictures and letters related to the work of radio pioneer Howard Armstrong. Check it out (you should probably take the tour by hitting the NEXT button on each page):
http://users.erols.com/oldradio/eha1.htm

I continue to work on my regen (part of the ET-1/FETer minimalist project). Jim, K9JM, says the raspy tone on CW signals is caused by FMing of the regen stage and prescribes a coil of higher Q. Thanks Jim.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting that Bill, I really enjoyed looking through it. Especially the FM exciter breadboards, reminds me of my old pirate FM station days!

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column