Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, December 6, 2010

SolderSmoke 128 is out!

http://soldersmoke.com/soldersmoke128.mp3

3 December 2010
Visit to Wright Brother's Kitty Hawk site
Antenna work on Veterans' Day
W4HBK's Pensacola Snapper
"Knackers of the World Unite" (even in the UK!)
Sky and Telescope Jupiter moons program
Listen to a meteor ping!
DSB DC WSPR transceiver
Other ham books on Lulu
Ubuntu Karmic Koala's Skyrockets
Movie Review: "Social Network"
LTSpice under Wine (in Ubuntu)
Forrest Mims
Broken laptop -- need advice
MAILBAG
New puppy en route

I'll update the rss feed tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for a new episode!

    I also run LTSpice with WINE, works great.

    By the way, you said Karmic Koala (9.10) is the latest, but it is Maverick Meerkat (10.10)

    Eric SA5BKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one yet again Bill. See my email I sent you regarding fldigi and some simple solder melting.

    Looking forward to 129!

    Bert WF7I

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE: Sony Vaio graphics card
    As crazy as it may sound, you could try putting the motherboard in the oven.
    Many people (including myself) have tried this with success.

    I did it a while ago, and I can't remember if this ( http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606658 ) was the guide I used or not, but it should suffice. If I find the other link, I'll post it here.


    73,
    Nick LaPointe, KB1SNG

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to the NPS interpreter we listened to, the Outer Banks is the SIXTH windiest place in the US. The Wrights chose it because of all of the windy locations, it was also the remotest at that time. There had been some spectacular failures on Lake Michigan near Chicago, and they wanted to do their work in secret.

    Tom WB8WOR

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems to me I remember reading somewhere that Linear Tech actually does testing to be sure LTSpice runs well in Wine. Then again, I don't remember when/where and I may have hallucinated that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill,

    I have SolderSmoke playing, a fresh pot of coffee on, and 1/2" of fresh snow on the ground here in beautiful upstate NY. I can think of no finer way to begin my Christmas vacation.

    As you may have guessed, the XYL is out of the house.

    73 and please keep up the great work
    Mike
    K2MTS

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column