Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, September 5, 2011

Climbing a REALLY Tall Tower



This is the kind of thing that causes me to stick with sling shots and wire antennas. The comments added to the YouTube video were kind of funny -- most were in the vein of "Dude, not for a billion dollars!"

Our book: "SolderSmoke -- Global Adventures in Wireless Electronics"http://soldersmoke.com/book.htmOur coffee mugs, T-Shirts, bumper stickers: http://www.cafepress.com/SolderSmokeOur Book Store: http://astore.amazon.com/contracross-20

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still get sweaty palms watchin g that one. But it would be cool if you got to parachute down!! (gotta be safer than climing...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is some serious climbing.

    I wonder how many 2m repeaters he can hit up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to watch this in little bits because it gave me the willies so bad ... I couldn't watch it all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like parachuting but no, I don't think I would want to do it among guy wires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been there, done that. Well, not nearly that high but heck, if you fall from 1500' or 100 ft., the result is the same; flat cat.

    That video did give me "the tinglies" though, HA!

    When I would head up to one of the mountains on a tower job I'd tell all my buddies on 2M, "I'm going to get high today".

    73.......Steve Smith WB6TNL
    "Snort Rosin"

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column