Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Harv's DDS Function Generator


Nice looking DDS function generator Harv!  Glad to see the HT-37 in the background. (And it appears well protected -- is that some sort of digital shielding to protect it from the bits and bytes?) The eraser buttons are a nice touch. Good luck with the Minima!

Hi Bill,
 
Well I have nearly completed my DDS Function Generator as I prepare to construct the Minima.
 
The Function Generator was a necessity for the bench so I can tackle Tweaking and Troubleshooting my work.
It is housed an aluminum box and completely self-contained.
My objective was to have the choice, to either lay the unit flat on the work surface or stand it on a shelf for easy reading while seated.
The Generator has both a  DDS and HF-ECG output.
The buttons are fashioned from White Pencil Erasers since finding proper buttons for the membrane keypad beneath was difficult.
 
I have obtained a set of Farhan’s Boards for the Minima but will begin my effort with a Manhattan Style Construction so I can perfect my choice of parts.
The soldering iron is heating and I’m ready for a new and exciting challenge.
 
Happy Solder Melting Everyone!
 
Harv -=WA3EIB=-
Albq., NM.


Our book: "SolderSmoke -- Global Adventures in Wireless Electronics" http://soldersmoke.com/book.htm Our coffee mugs, T-Shirts, bumper stickers: http://www.cafepress.com/SolderSmoke Our Book Store: http://astore.amazon.com/contracross-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column