Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Kai's Redwood Mighty Mite with Poker-Chip Hacksaw Key


And Check out Kai's homebrew key:



Hi Pete,
 
  Thanks for your kind words.  I really enjoyed the MMM project, first analog oscillation 😊.  Your right about the homebrew key being a hacksaw blade and a few pieces of plywood.  The knob is an old poker chip.  You can adjust the spring tention by moving the blade in and out of the plywood.  Travel can be adjusted by raising and lowering the bolt under the blade.  I needed something for CW and wanted to stick to the ham maker thing.  As for me sending lefty, I do that so I can switch when the right gets tired or I need to hold ipod for video.  Thanks for what you add to soldersmoke.  73.
 
Kai
Ps I will send picture of key.

On Monday, January 12, 2015, Pete Juliano <jessystems@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi Bill,
 
Wow –so cool! I was impressed with not only his M^3 but the homebrew key and sending with his left hand.
 
It would be nice for Kai to send us his details for the key.  It looked like a hacksaw blade sandwiched between some plywood blocks of wood and some sort of plastic tuning knob from a defunct transistor radio as the key knob. Now that is what I call homebrew –elegant and it works well!
 
73’s
Pete N6QW

Our book: "SolderSmoke -- Global Adventures in Wireless Electronics" http://soldersmoke.com/book.htm Our coffee mugs, T-Shirts, bumper stickers: http://www.cafepress.com/SolderSmoke Our Book Store: http://astore.amazon.com/contracross-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column