Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Psst... I know a guy with some caps.... Variable caps... Real beauties.... But only for Mighty Mites.


Feast your eyes my friends.   That is 400 micro-microfarads of variable capacitance.  (400 picofarads for you sophisticated young folks.)   A benefactor interested in expanding the ranks of the Color-Burst Liberation Army has stepped forward to make us an offer that is hard to resist:  He will send ELIGIBLE recipients one each of these fine electronic components for the cost of postage (approximately 6 bucks in the USA). 

He has specified that ELIGIBILITY is limited to those who need this part to build or complete a Michigan Mighty Mite.   And I have been appointed "Grand Poobah and Chief Arbiter of Capacitor Eligibility." 

So here is the deal:  Send me an e-mail telling me about your planned or stalled Michigan Mighty Mite project.  Include some information about your personal "Knack Story"  -- tell us why you share in this strange compulsion to build a largely useless 250 mW 3.579 MHz oscillator.   If I find your plans believable and your Knack Story compelling,  I will recommend you for a capacitor.  Purely aspirational MMM projects and obviously fabricated Knack Stories will not make the cut.

Supplies are limited, so act now! 

2 comments:

  1. Also a nice website for a Capacitor 365 air variable is http://www.midnightscience.com/catalog5.html

    Bye,

    Jarno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    I did my MMM with a plastic polyvaricon but would love one of those nice butterfly caps. I already built mine however. So save those nice ones for those yet to build. :)
    Edward
    WH7TT (Hawaiian Might Mite)

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column