Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Homebrew Your Own Electret Microphones

Don't be such a microphone appliance operator.  Whip up some of your own electret material and turn it into a mic.  Imagine how the audio adjustment guys will react when you tell them you are using a special, tailor-made,  homebrew electret material that gives added PRESENCE and BRIGHTNESS and SPARKLE.  Wow.  Minds will be blown.  A cottage industry could be launched.  

I realize that I tried to fool you guys with a bogus story about making your own Rochelle Salt mics using Tartar sauce.   But on this one, I'm not kidding.  Check out Hack-A-Day's excellent article: 

https://hackaday.com/2018/03/07/a-bit-more-than-a-microphone-the-electret-story/

1 comment:

  1. Boy guys. this is N6GRG here, but I gotta tell you, I think you got me. Its getting close enough to april 1 , so I guess I deserve it Hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column