Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Friday, December 28, 2018

HT-37 FIXED -- Thanks for all the support

Don't worry-- I covered it with tape
This week I found myself with some unexpected free-time, courtesy of the government shutdown.   And of course, my thoughts turned to the HT-37.  I started thinking about the open choke in the power supply.  Four wires were sticking out of one side, four sticking out of the other.   Figuring out which went to which would have driven me nuts.   But it occurred to me that I could just wrap the four one on both sides together, and then just connect them with a piece of wire (see above).  I'd end up sacrificing three windings, but that shouldn't matter.  

It worked.   My AADE L/C meter won't measure up into the full Henry range, but  the choke was no longer open and the resistance looked right (about 230 ohms). 

I put it into the HT-37.   It works.  I had a long rag chew with AE2EE --  a guy who really knows his boatanchors.  He said it sounded great.  This contact was like icing on the cake.  TRGHS.  

Thanks to everyone who wrote in with offers of parts or suggestions on how to acquire a suitable replacement.  

Special thanks to Steve Murphy, N8NM who removed the LV choke from a junker HT-37and mailed it to me JUST AS I WAS LEARNING THAT THIS REPAIR WOULD WORK.  I feel bad about putting Steve to the trouble. I blame the shut-down.  Idle hands are the devil's workshop. And that broken HT-37 was bothering me. 

This was a very satisfying repair.  It was great fun to put the old rig back on the air.  And I did it without injuring myself.  Straight Key Night is right around the corner. 

Terminal strip for newer caps.  Repaired choke went to the two ends of the strip. 


1 comment:

  1. Access to computers and other control systems which might provide you with information about the way the world revolves around technology should be unlimited and total. All information should be free and accessible to all. That is why we at INTEGRATEDHACKS have come come up with a team of highly motivated and dedicated hackers to help you get access to information you are being deprived of. Our services include and are not limited to hacking of social media accounts,email accounts, tracking of phones hacking of bank cards and many more.
    Have you ever been hacked? Need to recover your stolen account, Want to monitor your kids,spouse or partner, Change your school results track messages from an email or mobile number and many more, INTEGRATEDHACKS is the one for you. Hundreds of our clients have their phones, social media accounts, emails, servers, may bots and PCs hacked consistently and efficiently. Our professional hackers for hire team is highly qualified and can hack anything or device you desire without giving the target any form of notification which makes us one of the best.


    ★ Contact Us For Your Desired Hacking services via : integratedhacks@protonmail.com and experience cyber hacking like never before.

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column