Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

My Current Rig: The Quarantine Hodgepodge

 


As I continue to Stay In The Shack,  last week I was looking for something to do. This is what I came up with.   

Left to right: 
-- Speaker
-- Ramsey-kit QAMP20 modified for 40. I now have two MTP3055V MOSFETS in there.  
-- BITX40 Module with a solidified VFO from a Galaxy V (note the knob from a Drake 2B!)
-- Power supply 

It puts out about 15 watts SSB.  I was bracing for attacks from the 40 meter waterfall police, but no, everyone said it sounds great.  I had four very nice contacts yesterday.  It was fun. 

Still to do:  Possibly a San Jian frequency counter to give some Juliano Blue glowing numerals for the frequency readout.  This would be a step up from the Juliano Blue sticky note and  corresponding piece of black electrical tape that currently serves as the frequency indicator. 


2 comments:

  1. Spel az its sed? Even Google says San Jian is gobbledegook. Try Sangean.
    73.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dex: We go way back with San Jian -- Back to 2015!
    https://soldersmoke.blogspot.com/search?q=San+Jian
    73 Bill

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column