Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

AFTIA! The Audio Frequency Termination Insensitive Amplifier from W7ZOI

 

It really pays to check Wes Hayward's web site.  I looked yesterday and found something that we really need:  A termination insensitive amplifier for audio frequencies -- an AFTIA.  Just last week I was looking at the AF amplifier of my Mythbuster rig, wishing that it had TIA properties.  Now, thanks to Wes, we have a circuit available: http://w7zoi.net/audio-fba.pdf

And let's not forget that it was Wes Hayward W7ZOI and Bob Kopski K3NHI whose 2009 article alerted us to the RF variety of termination insensitive feedback amplifiers. 

3 comments:

  1. That is good to know. I wonder if you could apply AGC to that ;^)
    VK3HN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JFET across the feedback resistor may do that. Some experimentation required.

      Delete
  2. I designed a slightly different circuit for use in my FT8 monitoring receiver.
    https://oshwlab.com/3ym3ym/ft8-monitoring-receiver

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column