Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, April 8, 2024

Woebot -- An AI-Based Therapy Bot for Us?

 
This was on 60 Minutes last night.  Of course it made me think of our many "Tales of Woe."  Perhaps this could be of use to us.   But I wonder how the bot would react to our typical problems: 

"I am feeling bad about myself becasue my RF amplifier keeps going into oscillation.  What should I do?"

"My opposite sideband suppression is inadequate because my filter skirts are too wide. What is your advice?" 

"My LC VFO drifts slightly and my SDR-using friends taunt me about this.  I feel dejected.  What should I do?"  

"The Raspberry Pi in my SDR rig is hallucinating and I can't find the needed wisdom files. Is there a support group for this?" 

"I have discovered spurs in the output of my transmitter.  They are 60 db down, but I still can't stop thinking about them.  What should I do?"

I can't help thinking that if Jean Shepherd had access to something like this, his Heising modulator trouble might not have spoiled his date with the girl from his school.  

What do you guys think about the Woebot?  

2 comments:

  1. The trouble with asking advice--especially from a soulless machine--is that you might hate the answers:

    Amplifier oscillates? "Use shielding, feed-through caps, and ferrite beeds." Sideband rejection? "Use phasing." VFO drifts? "Si5351." Hallucinating RaspPi? "RTFM." -60dB spurs? "Convert to ratio: it's one millionth (0.000001) of the desired signal. Are you serious?"

    Not very helpful answers, even if they're spot on. Anyway, I think a Whoabot would be more useful (to me at least) than a Woebot. I'd do better if I was urged more often to *not* do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AI is good, when you need the big picture, but when you start digging, they begin repeating themselves,
    Just marginally helpful

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column