Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, April 8, 2024

The Doug DeMaw Article that got me into Homebrew Double-Sideband

Just click on the images for a better view




Pete WB9FLW asked for this.  This was an important article for me -- it paved the way for my entry into homebrew phone gear -- this article was the basis for my first DSB transmitter, built in the Azores. 

I think Doug was a bit optimistic in saying that SSB operation was possible with this rig.  Maybe it was possible for Doug, but for most of us DSB is just a LOT easier to get going than SSB.  (I know that some people don't believe this, but I note that most of these folks have built neither DSB nor SSB rigs.  It always seems easier before you start to melt solder.)  

Be sure to check out the 10 meter DSB rig recently built by Mike WU2D.  He has 6 or 7 good videos on this project, including this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xThoAMv4zrw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column