Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, September 16, 2019

ONE VOLT rms Reaches New Hampshire from Virginia

 My son Billy was back from college over the weekend (he came back to help me celebrate the completion of yet another orbit of the sun).  I was showing him my 8 part rig and telling him that it puts out 20 mW.  He asked a good question (he is a scientist):  What is the voltage at the antenna terminal.  I checked:  ONE VOLT rms.   About 1.414 volts peak.  Think about that.  My transmitter is sending a signal to New Hampshire from Virginia on less than the voltage of  AA battery.  

Two more spots on the Reverse Beacon Network (see above).  Another skimmer station in New Hampshire.  My signals seem to like the granite state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column