Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Working Indonesia and Chile with new 15-10 Homebrew Transceiver


Conditions were good this morning, and the Radio Gods continue to favor homebrew rigs.  I got on 15 meters SSB with the new 15-10 dual bander and quickly worked YH0AD in Jakarta (about 10,000 miles).  A few minutes later I talked to YB2MVD; he was a bit further east on Java.  I shot a video of the QSO with YB2MVD.  He said I was 59.  

I then switched to 10 meter SSB (same rig) and worked CE4PS in Chile (5,000 miles).   

TRGHS. 

The antenna for all these contacts was my K4KIO Hex Beam.  I was running about 75 watts from the .1kW CCI amplifier. 


2 comments:

  1. I refuse to run power into FT8, let propagation do the heavy work. I worked Spain on 1 watt FT8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    It would be great to see the schematics, etc when you have a chance.
    73!

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column