Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Listen to this great contact with KA1BWO on 10 meter AM -- 1800 miles with 4 watts AM


Joe KA1BWO is a well-known AM operator who moved West to Idaho several years ago. We had a very nice contact on 10 meter AM on January 14, 2024.  See the video above. 

I was using an old CB rig that I had converted to legitimacy on 10 meters using the mod developed by Jerry K5JC:  


I was running 4 watts on AM to a Hex beam. The signal path was over 1800 miles from Virginia to Idaho.

2 comments:

  1. Bill, “That’s Awesome”!
    Thinking about you and thought I would check your blog. What a nice QSO with Joe in Idaho. You encouraged me to check the 10 meter AM frequencies. I think Jo said 29.0 MHz calling and 29.005 QSO. 73, Bob K3NT Plano, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob. I think 29.0 is the calling freq. With the mod, my rig was on 29.005. I think that was what Joe was talking about. AM QSOs are often right on 29.0 but can be heard all the way up to 29.1 and beyond. 73 Bill

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column