Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hubble Space Telescope: New and Improved!

I know, I know, it is not exactly ham radio, but look at it this way: electromagnetic waves from far, far away! REAL DX. And some very cool gear to receive the signals. And some recent repair and modification work... So you see, this is really not so far afield after all.

I've been a big fan of the Hubble Space Telescope for a long time. When I was closer to the equator (in Santo Domingo) sitings of the HST were quite common. I'm glad to see that the recent repairs and mods worked out so well. Here is a really nice video on the new and improved Hubble: Hubble Space Telescope Video

1 comment:

  1. The Hubble Deep Field image taken years ago is my favorite. About 1,500 galaxies in a speck of sky covered by a dime viewed from 75 feet. The location in the sky was deliberately chosen because of the sparseness of stars visible from earth. The astronomer just wanted to see what he could see.
    Gil

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column