Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Friday, April 19, 2013

Arduino, K6HX's code, and an RBN (minimum) speed limit?

 
Hello Mark:  I've been using your code.  Very nice.   Easy to use and modify, even for a digital dunce like me. 
 
I've been using an Arduino and your code to key my 20 meter QRP transmitter.  I watch the Reverse Beacon Network to see how I'm getting out.  I think  your code let me discover something about RBN:  there may be a lower "speed limit" on the skimmers.  I noticed that when I left your code at the default 12 wpm, I was not picked up by the skimmers.  When I called CQ the old fashioned way (with my hand!) at 15 wpm I got plenty of spots.  This morning I changed the speed setting on your code to 15 wpm and -- sure enough -- immediately got picked up by an RBN station. 
 
Anyway, thanks for the code and for your Brainwagon blog
 
73  Bill  

Our book: "SolderSmoke -- Global Adventures in Wireless Electronics" http://soldersmoke.com/book.htm Our coffee mugs, T-Shirts, bumper stickers: http://www.cafepress.com/SolderSmoke Our Book Store: http://astore.amazon.com/contracross-20

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill - I don't have feedback for you on minimum speed, but I did want to share that I just had my eldest learning Arduino basics this evening and thought of you and your recent digital endeavors. She only had some LED's blinking in response to a switch, but it's a start.

    That little board doesn't seem more powerful but it has more memory and processor speed than the flight control computers on the Apollo missions.

    Good luck and keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column