Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Paul VK3HN's Video on Scratch-Building and SOTA


It was great to get a comment from Paul VK3HN -- this led to a re-establishment of contact.  Apparently Google knows who I have been e-mailing, so this great video appeared on my YouTube screen.  Thanks Google! 

-- Great to hear Paul's shout out to Pete Juliano N6QW, and Pete's concept of noodling. 

-- Paul's emphasis on testing each stage independently is really important. 

-- Wow, ferric chloride!  It is great to see someone doing this (instead of just sending Gerber files to China). 

-- Books.  This reminds me that I have to get Drew Diamond's books. 

-- Paul's comment on the usefulness of a general coverage receiver.  Right on target Paul.  

-- On the test gear, we can now add the TinySA Ultra.  And you don't have to win the Lotto! 

-- Finally, Paul is absolutely right on the need to constantly update and publish changes to schematics. I am guilty of not doing this. (I hang my head in shame.)   This became a problem in our simple High-School receiver project -- I would make changes to circuits and fail to communicate these changes to Dean KK4DAS.  Paul's method would have solved this problem.  

-- Thanks Paul! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column