Podcasting since August 2005! Listen to our latest podcast here:

Podcasting since August 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Helge LA6NCA Builds and Uses a Two Tube 80 meter Transceiver -- From Norway


This entire video is really excellent.  Thank you Helge! 

Once again, he shows us how to do it -- how to homebrew a useful rig, and how to put it on the air from the field.  POTA and SOTA operators take note! 

His receiver is direct conversion!  FB. 

I was delighted to finally see IRF510 FETs used the way they are supposed to be used (in the power supply). 

Helge's creation of 250 volts DC from a 12 volt battery is both ingenious and inspiring. 

His use of Altoids tins was just great and will be appreciated by GQRP. 

I really liked how Helge handled the need for CW T/R frequency shift.  FB. 

His generation of sidetone was also great and very creative.  

I did something similar with my ET-2 transceiver, but Helge had clearly gone beyond this.  

Thank you Helge!  

No comments:

Post a Comment