Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, February 5, 2017

"First Light" on Brad's Direct Conversion Receiver

So cool.    You can just feel the enthusiasm.  Congratulations Brad!

Bill and Pete:

After 63 years, I was finally able to build a DC receiver of my own design.  We achieved "first light" at 7:20P last night.  I attached the antenna, speaker, then applied power - and a all of a sudden "Bob's your uncle!!"  There are some things I still don't quite understand but right now none of that matters as I listen to the sound of clean, crisp CW pouring out of the speaker and filling the room!!  Major components - SI5351, SBL-1, TL072 op amp bandwidth filter, LM386 audio amp.  I plan to use clk2 of the SI5351 with some Arduino code to create the companion transmitter and CW keyer.  Life is good!!!

Brad WA8WDQ

1 comment:

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column