Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, May 30, 2021

QRP - QRP Contact from Dominican Republic



It took some brass pounding on my homebrew key, but on May 28, 2021 I made a real QSO from the eastern tip of the island of Hispaniola.  KJ4R came back to my CQ near 14.060 MHz. I was running just 1-2 watts from my SST transceiver to an end-fed half wave antenna. Ed KJ4R was in South Carolina running 5 watts, also to an EFHW antenna.  TRGHS.  Thanks Ed.  And thanks to Bob Scott KD4EBM and Wayne Burdick N6KR.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill, great to work you and nice job on the rig! You were peaking at 559 here in SC. Good to see some life coming back to 20M and above. Take care and 73. Ed KJ4R

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column