Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, February 27, 2022

VK3HN's Amazing Summit Prowler 9 Homebrew Transceiver - A Masterpiece of Miniaturization (VIDEO)


I was wondering what Paul VK3HN was up to. Now we know: the Summit Prowler 9 transceiver. 

This is yet another amazing rig by Paul, with GREAT documentation.   

I was impressed by those bandpass filters.  I will try to do something similarly robust on my 17/12 rig. 

Paul's miniaturization of this rig is really astonishing.  I would go nuts trying to keep it this small. I just couldn't do it. 

Look closely at the boards he uses.  They look like printed circuit boards, but with all the components and all the soldering on one side.  This is very smart -- this makes it easier to troubleshoot and to change components.  

I was glad to see at least one NE-602 in there.  FB. 

The video is above.  Check out Paul's blog for more info: 


Thanks Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column