Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, March 1, 2021

A Frequency Counter for the Hodgepodge -- An Analog Solution to a Digital Problem


Imagine my dismay when I discovered that I could not use my $5 San Jian PLJ6-LED frequency counter with my Hodgepodge transceiver.    The problem is described here: 

This video describes my solution.  I took some pleasure in using an analog solution to solve a very digital problem.   I know this could have been fixed with one or two changes to lines of code, but I liked doing it this way.  This was all kind of fun, and it allowed me to use yet another bit of circuitry that was sitting idle in the shack.  That is the whole point of the Hodgepodge project.  

The best is yet to come.   Especially for those of you who like waterfalls.... Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column