Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Monday, April 25, 2022

75/20 - 17/12 Two Homebrew Rigs in Scrap-Wood Boxes

 



I moved the 17/12 Rig off the workbench and placed it (as planned) atop the Mythbuster rig.  Now I have four bands easily accessible.  In these pictures you can see all four bands being displayed on the San Jian Frequency Counters. 

I found a kitchen drain screen that is an ideal cover for the 3 inch speaker in the 17/12 rig. 


I reconfigured the Low Pass filters in the CCI .1 kilowatt amplifier.  I put a 12 meter LP filter in there in place of the 40 meter LP filter (that I haven't been using much). 

I have been working a lot of DX on both 17 and 12.   

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant repurposing of the drain screen! To add Juju and a bit of druidism to your next wooden cabinet, you could make it with "live-edge" lumber, perhaps with some bark still on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill.
    Love the boxes fid both rigs.
    Are you going to paint them or put a wood stain on the with some vanish?
    They wood look wonderful.
    DE HS0ZLQ./ G0MIH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nemo: Glad you like them. I think I will leave them in their unvarnished state. I am a terrible wood work guy. Note the copper tape on the ends of the 1712 front panel -- it is hiding some miscalculations on my part. 73 Bill

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column