Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Friday, June 10, 2022

SolderSmoke FDIM Interview: Adam K6ARK and his 2.6 gram Mini-Pixie SMD Transceiver


I've not bee a big fan of the super-simple Pixie transceiver, but Adam K6ARK could make me a believer. 

Our correspondent Bob Crane W8SX interviewed Adam at FDIM.  You can listen to the interview here: http://soldersmoke.com/2022 K6ARK.mp3

The video above shows Adam's tiny Pixie in action in the California desert.  His rig is about the size of a postage stamp and weighs about 2.6 grams. FB Adam. 

Adam did a lot better with his Pixie than I did with my far larger and more complicated SST transceiver. He also did better than I did on 40 when I was using my ET-2 (two FET) transceiver. 

I liked how Adam recorded in the field the CW from his rig, I also liked his key (!) and his EFHW antenna and "tuner."  Adam's ability to cope with no CW sidetone was also admirable.  

Adam's YouTube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/c/K6ARKPortableRadio

Thanks to Adam and to Bob Crane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column