Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Friday, August 19, 2022

VK3IO's Wonderful Antenna Tuning System

 

I have been ridiculed because my manual antenna tuner (that is screwed into the wall of our car port) requires me to step outside into the cold or heat to change bands. 

On August 18, 2022  -- with my Hex Beam, not with the tuner -- I worked Ron VK3IO on 20 SSB.  Check out Ron's antenna tuning system.  He used the same balanced tuner that I use, but he has them set up for FIVE bands.  FB.  The wire antenna was working very well -- with 100 watts to the wire Ron was booming into Northern Virginia. 

Ron's QRZ.com page: 


Watch out for those spiders Ron!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column