Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

The James Webb Space Telescope -- Background Video and Update Article


The Scientific American video (above) has some really interesting info on how they built the JWST and what its capabilities are.  For example, they tell us that it could detect the heat from a single bumble bee at the distance of the surface of the moon.  How the mirror was made, and how it is adjusted in space is really amazing. 

The Scientific American article provides a good, balanced view of how the initial results from JWST are calling into question the basic models of cosmology: 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for sharing Bill! Fascinating and mind blowing. I love the concept of the Cryo Polishing - incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting show guys. But I have a question for you Bill. I seem to have stopped being sent the solder smoke daily new letters.
    I have not seen one since the 3rd of July.
    I love to read these and the listening to the pod cast.
    It gives me inspiration as I'm now retired and trying to get back into ham radio.
    73,s both keep up the QRP work.
    HS0ZLQ/G0MIH.
    (Paul).

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column