As I watched this video, I had many thoughts. Here are some of them:
1) The complexity of the ASML machine is a reminder of how far IC technology has moved from the world of homebrew ham radio. I know others will take different views, but for me, it is a reminder that these chips -- which are now commonly used in cell phones, for example -- have no real place in rigs that we would call homebrew.
2) The technology they use is really amazing. Laser lights hitting tin droplets three times as the tin falls. Explosions inside the machine that are like miniature super novae.
3) Older guys play a big role in all of this.
4) All the attention today is focused on AI and data centers. But the tech there seems simplistic when compared to the ASML machines that make the chips.
Please watch the Veritasium video that appears above. Then please put you comments in the space below.
No comments:
Post a Comment