Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, March 20, 2022

17 - 12 Dual Band SSB Transceiver On-The-Air

 

It is still completely al-fresco, with all the guts exposed, but I got it on the air this morning.  I was 17, running it through my CCI  .1kW  100 watt amp to a tuned doublet.   Four QSOs so far: HP3SAM, K5BM, N4ZUL, and II3WRTC.   

The structure of the rig is basically BITX. 

The blue boards you see are TIA boards developed by Todd K7TFC. 

No major problems to report.   I will try it out on 12 meters  soon.  The receiver was working well on that band. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bill: I am very surprised you are able to properly drive your IRF510 at these high frequencies with that 2N2219A driver. When you get a chance please advise us if you made any changes to the standard BITX transmitter stages and how much power you get out of the 510...
    Thanks,
    Walter in Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye Walter. In this rig I am using an RD06HHF1 driven by the 2219A. Otherwise the circuit is right our of the BITX40 module. But in my BITX17 rig (from years ago) I just used the circuitry from the original BITX20, moving it all up to 17. 73 Bill

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column