First, hats off to this fellow. He deserves a lot of credit for even trying this.
But... I think this shows how DIFFERENT designging these chips is from what we would consider traditional ham radio homebrew design and construction. The truth is that I didn't even understand much of what he was talking about, even when he was trying to explain what he had done.
There does seem to be at least a little common ground (!): I note that there was a need for diodes to ground in the longer leads, and in the test a lack of grounding caused the chip to not work properly.
Thanks to Hack-A-Day for alerting us to this.
What do you guys think? Is this concept of design similar to traditional ham radio concepts?
You're getting old Bill.
ReplyDeleteSo are you! At the same rate. But it would be good if you answered the questions.
Delete