Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Workshop at AA8V

Field Day was a big success for me this year.  I was in category "1E" which meant that I was home in the air conditioning, but doing my bit for emergency service by using a gel cell as my power source.  A SOLAR CHARGED gel cell.  So don't anyone call me a slacker, OK?

I was on my HW-8 and made a total of two contacts.  The second was with AH6AX.  I wasn't fooled -- I knew they weren't in Hawaii.  But the op gave me his home call:  WB8YYY.  Curt is a SolderSmoke listener.  In a follow-up e-mail he alerted me to the web site of AA8V.   Great stuff.  Thanks Curt.

Here is the AA8V workshop:

http://faculty.frostburg.edu/phys/latta/ee/workshop/workshop.html#electronics1

AA8V was on the QSO Today podcast not long ago. 

1 comment:

  1. Did you see the "Wingfoot" exciter that he's got on that site? Thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column