Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Quarantine Rig: VK3YE Resurrects an Old BITX Project



I think we should start calling these "Quarantine Rigs."  Many of us are pulling off the shelves rigs that we started a while back but then put aside.  Now, with the pandemic,  we have the time (and the need!) to work on them.  

I like Peter's BITX receiver video, especially the part in the beginning where he wipes the grime and oxidation off the long-neglected copper-clad board.  

Follow Peter's lead:   Pull those old projects off the shelf.  Get them going.  Now is the time.  SITS!  Melt solder and flatten the curve. 

Thanks Peter.     

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could. I already worked from home before this began. Nothing has changed for me. I have less time than ever, it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you clean the board real well, spraying it with clear Krylon keeps boards looking new. I never had problems soldering after I sprayed a blank board with Krylon.

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column