Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Messages (for me!) from space station

Mark KB1GVR
When I started receiving packets via the International Space Station earlier this month, I noticed a familiar call: KB1GVR. He was one of the few North American stations who could pick up my packet beacons via PCSAT -- he would then relay them to the internet. This month, when I sent my sigs through the ISS, OM GVR spotted them, and sent reply messages to me via the packet system. I didn't get them via the satellite -- they came to me via the "Stations Heard Via ISS" web site. But still, it was fun to run into an old friend via the space station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column