Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The K7DYY Solid State Class D Legal Limit AM Transmitter





I was on 160 Meter AM this morning, talking to Chet WB2AHK in New York City.  Chet had a very strong signal here.  He was running a rig that I hadn't heard about before, a K7DYY transmitter.   See above. Very interesting.   Here are the details:


Chet's receiver was at the opposite end of the technology spectrum -- like me he was listening on a Hammarlund HQ-100.  He told me that he had replaced the old mechanical clock with a digital "glowing numerals" device.  This got me thinking that that space on the front panel might be suitable for a small frequency counter...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column