Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Michael's Log: AA1TJ Has FIVE Contacts with the Unijunction Transistor at 1-2 milliwatts

Michael writes:

Dear Friends, The UJT transmitter circuit was improved considerably today. The power output has increased to 1.48mW and the start-up "whoosh" is now far less objectionable. It's currently running in beacon-mode at 3687.8kHz. I'll resume "CQing" as soon as I've returned from an hour's walk in the woods. I hoping to work K1QO among others. 73, Mike

Added five QSOs today. Seabury/AA1MY is in Maine...exactly 100 miles from my doorstep. It's wild to think that we made a one-hundred mile radio contact on a unijunction.

5 comments:

  1. That's quite an accomplishment! I had no luck running my wispr station at 0dB/m for several weeks, so your making a number of QSOs at that level is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an accomplishment! I had no luck running my wispr station at 0dB/m for several weeks, so your making a number of QSOs at that level is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephen,
      what antenna did you use for your WSPR-test?
      Peter/DL3PB

      Delete
    2. Cushcraft rotatable dipole up about 17 meters, aimed NE/SW.

      Delete
    3. Cushcraft rotatable dipole up about 17 meters, aimed NE/SW.

      Delete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column