Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

New VFO for the Frankenstein R2 Phasing Receiver


I've wanted to change the VFO in my R2 phasing receiver.  The AD9850 DDS VFO with a divide by 4  I-Q generator limited me to 160, 80 and 40 meters.  But an Si5351 chip will go up to 160 MHz.  With a divide by 2 I-Q generator, this should allow me to cover 160 through 6 meters. I got the Arduino, LCD and rotary encoder all working tonight.  Thanks to Thomas LA3PNA for the code, and to Tom AK2B for help with the Arduino. The Si5351 board that you see sitting atop the Arduino is the work of Dean AC9JQ.  Thanks Dean.  

The flip-flop and inverter IC's should arrive this week.  That will allow me to finish up this VFO conversion project.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Bill! the few days' hiatus her on the blog had me beginning to get concerned: was there anything amiss? It seems it's just been head-down, tail-up! 73 from "up over"

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column